Monday, June 28, 2010

IDC Dinners

Some days...I'm so tired and exhausted. We had an awesome weekend with my family, my wedding shower and a dinner party/reunion of parents and I am absolutely BEAT today! I didn't feel motivated to put a lot of time and energy into dinner so I went surfing through the cabinets for some creative energy. This is an IDC Dinner...aka I Don't Care! However, it turned out delicious! I am a huge fan of homemade mashed potatoes...its the only ones that were made in my home growing up. Pretty easy to whip up something there as well!


IDC Dinner ala Sassy Pants

1 can Heart Healthy Cream of Chicken
1 can Rotel (I used Hot...but if you're not a fan of spicy foods...stick to mild and original)
1.5 cups sliced mushrooms (I had some in the fridge that needed to be used before I lost them)
.5 cup shaved Asiago Cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-oz each)

Combine all ingredients, except for cheese in a 9x13 baking dish. Make sure cream of chicken and rotel is blended. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. During last 10 minutes of baking, place shaved cheese on top of chicken place back into oven.

Tada! Easy entree!

Homemade Mashed Potatoes

10-12 red potatoes
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
.5 cup shredded Parmesean cheese
1 cup milk (I happened to have low-fat buttermilk)
.5 stick margarine
salt to taste
pepper to taste

I like to leave my skins of my red potatoes because they are 1. Pretty and 2. I like the skins of the potato...but its totally optional!

Cut potatoes in to small pieces and place in a pan of water. Set water to boil.

Once potatoes have boiled, tender and nearly falling apart, drain the potatoes leaving a small amount of water in the bottom of the pan. Using a mixer, mix the potatoes adding milk until you get the desired texture. I do mine by taste and look and it may take a little more milk or a little less. Add garlic, margarine, salt, pepper and cheese and mix until smooth.

This was just the particular variation of the day...sometimes I add and subtract ingredients. If you ever make a few good batched of homemade mashed potatoes...you will never go back! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...