Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chop Chop Beef Stir-Fry

The flavor of this dish was absolutely delicious! I've always wanted to try a Chinese style dish that was healthy and flavorful and this one was a winner! The texture was too liquidy to my taste...so next Chinese style dish I will try to find something thicker. I even added a few spoonfuls of flour to try to thicken it up. However, the mix of sweet soy and spicy crushed red peppers was a winner! I paired this dish with a quick side of brown rice to absorb some of the liquid so that I could still get all of my flavors. Enjoy!

Chop Chop Beef Stir-Fry...courtesy of the new Hungry Girl Cookbook 1-2-3
Recipe is for ONE serving. I made this at a x4

1/2 c fat free beef broth
1/2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 T cornstarch
4 ounces raw lean beefsteak fillet, sliced
1/2 T chopped garlic
1/4 t crushed red pepper
2 C broccoli florets (I used frozen and cooked ahead of time)
1 C sugar snap peas (didn't use these)
1 C sliced mushrooms (I quadrupled these...we love mushrooms!)
2 T chopped scallions
Optional: Salt (Didn't use...Soy Sauce and Beef Broth gave us plenty of sodium!)

Combine beef broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl, and mix until cornstarch dissolves. Add beef, garlic, and crushed red pepper.. Toss to coat and let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes. (I left mine for 20 while I did a few other things...leaving items marinating for longer only makes them absorb the flavorings better!)

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, scallions, and 1/4 cup of the marinade from the beef. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli softens.

Add beef and remaining marinade, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes (Mine took longer...but I did have this recipe multiplied by 4)

Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 2 minutes.

Serve it up and if you like, season to taste with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...