So for several weeks I had been craving sweets...and I always seemed to be missing ONE ingredient necessary to fix most of the healthy desserts I wanted to try. This one was a SURE winner! The texture was more "cake-like" than brownie but never the less it satisfied exactly what I was looking for!
Adapted from Hungry Girl 1-2-3 Cookbook
18.25-oz box devil's food cake mix
15-oz can pure pumpkin
6-oz fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 t Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
1/4 t vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix adn pumpkin, stirring until completely blended. Batter will be very thick.
3. Spray a large baking pan (9x13) with nonstick spray. Spread batter into pan and set aside
4. Place powdered creamer in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 T warm water and stir until creamer has dissolved. Add cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla extract. Using a whisk, mix vigorously until completely blended, smooth, and lump free.
5. Spoon cheesy mixture over the brownie batter and use a knife to swirl it in.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely.
Makes 16 servings that are HUGE and only around 150 calories! Score!
2 days ago