Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Homemade Pico De Gallo

I LOVE Mexican food...I LOVE salsa...and I LOVE Pico! I was so excited to receive a bunch of fresh vegetables from a friends garden. Once I got home with tomatoes and jalapenos I quickly realized I had cilantro and onion so I could put together pico! Its super easy to make...just a little time consuming...enjoy


Pico De Gallo ala Sassy Pants

2-3 Medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
2 Medium sized Jalapenos, seeded and chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
3 garlic cloves, minced (can reduce...this is just how I do it)
Sea Salt
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (This is one recipe you don't want to use dried! Add more if you like)

1. Chop tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapenos and place into bowl

2. Mince garlic cloves and add to tomato mixture

3. Sprinkle sea salt to taste

4. Squeeze juice of 1 lime over mixture

5. Stir well to blend and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving to blend the flavors together...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...