Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beefy Mac

This is another recipe I took from the Lebanese cookbook. My only addition was adding meat to satisfy the man of the house. This was delicious!! I was super unmotivated tonight but this was simple and I had most of the ingredients available. What I didn't have I had an easy substitute. Yum!

Macaroni with Tomato Sauce and Beef

2 c. elbow macaroni
1 medium onion, chopped
2 T olive oil
2 large cloves garlic
1 t sweet basil (I didn't have...)
1 t. salt plus salt and pepper to taste
1 8-oz can tomato sauce (I happened to have tomato sauce flavored with oregano, basil and garlic...if using beef...use two cans of the sauce to get enough)
1/8 t. cinnamon
.5-1 lb ground beef

Boil the macaroni in salted water until done, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a sauce pan, saute the onion in oil until golden. Mash the garlic and sweet basil with 1 t salt. Add this mixture to the onion and continue sauteing for another minute. Add the tomato sauce, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a boil, add the macaroni and heat through (Add the beef at this time if you choose).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...