Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

While I was scoping out the kitchen for leftover veggies...I decided that I wanted to use my asparagus and create a side with with it wrapped in bacon. Yum!

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Ingredients

1 Bunch of Asparagus (I used the small asparagus so I could wrap several)
Center Cut Bacon (I sliced these in half)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper


Ingredients

Turn the oven to broil.


Rinse the asparagus and trim the tough ends of the asparagus

For wrapping the asparagus,starting from the stem,use half a slice of bacon and circles asparagus all the way to the top. Since these asparagus were small I combined a small handful of them to wrap.

Place the wrapped asparagus in a baking dish, remember to put the end of the bacon wrap side down. Drizzle some olive oil, small pinch of salt, and some freshly ground pepper.

Transfer to the oven and cook till the bacon turned slightly brown on all sides, turning to cook evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...