Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mediterranean Layered Dip

So...this dip made me extremely happy! My mom has always made this taco dip with refried beans, sour cream and whole bunch of other stuff I completely dislike. However...when I put all those together on a chip they miraculously taste great! This dip actually has stuff that I LOVE and I was able to get 3 people who did not like hummus to eat it and THEY loved it too! This one is a keeper!

Mediterranean Layered Dip
Adapted from Taste of Home Summer Appetizers 2010

Ingredients
2.5 cups hummus
3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
1 cup fresh baby spinach (I didn't have this so I subbed it with some shredded cabbage...good but I'm sure better with spinach!)
3 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
2 T coarsely chopped fresh basil
1 T coarsely chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup black olives
1/4 cup chopped red onion

1. Spread hummus onto a 12-inch round serving platter; top with roasted peppers
2. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, lemon juice, oil, basil and mint. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the spinach mixture over the peppers. Top with cheese, olives and onions.

I served mine with toasted pita slices and tortilla chips. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...