Saturday, May 29, 2010

"The Cheese Dip"

One of my favorite items to bring to a "bring-a-dish" gathering is the famous cheese dip. I've been making this dip for several years and it is a 100% fan favorite. Most friends tell me "Just bring the cheese dip." What do I love even more about this dip...ITS SO EASY! Its almost a relief to be told to bring the cheese dip. Next time you need an easy appetizer...all you need is a crock pot and 3 ingredients.


"The Cheese Dip"

1 lb Sausage, cooked and crumbled (I use Jimmy Dean HOT because I like the extra kick!)
1 Can Rotel
1 Block Velveeta Cheese

Spray crockpot with nonstick spray
Cut up block of velveeta cheese into 1 inch cubes
Place evenly into crock pot
Turn crockpot to high, the trick is to constantly pay attention. I often switch between high and low and refrain from opening the lid although its so tempting! Too long on high and you will have the cheese burned to the side of your crockpot. Low is always a safe way to go but will take longer if you would like to leave it and forget about it.
Cook sausage on medium until all the pink is gone. Crumble while you cook to get the best results for your sausage. Most times I don't drain my sausage, but if your sausage has an extremely large amount of grease feel free to discard
The best time to open up your crock pot to add the remaining ingredients is when you notice that your cheese cubes have now melted evenly in your crockpot
Add your sausage and can of rotel and stir
Continue to stir until you reach the consistency of your choosing. If you feel the dip is thicker than you like, you can easily add a half cup of milk. I prefer mine to be more thin...it seems to go a much longer way.

Most of this recipe is just touch. I've made crockpot after crockpot and have finally found the mix that works for me. I've also added cream cheese to give a creamier texture. Its a completely flexible recipe that is sure to please any group! Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...